Join WTE and get THE BENEFITS BELOW:
Countertrade is used by firms and Governments of 150+ countries worldwide.
1. The origins of countertrade
2. What is countertrade? Definition, terminology, and cornerstones of the countertrade phenomenon
3. Reasons for countertrade: Why companies engage in countertrade.
4. Benefits of countertrade
5. Government policy reasons for countertrade
6. Developmental reasons for countertrade
7. Economic reasons for countertrade
8. Creating creditworthiness through countertrade.
9. Countries that require countertrade
10. Other participants in and examples of countertrade
11. Countertrade as an emerging opportunity for entrepreneurial firms
2. Offsets (Direct and Indirect Offsets)
3. Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) –
4. Build, transfer and operate (BTO);
5. Build, operate, own, and transfer (BOOT);
6. Build, operate and own (BOO);
7. build, Lease, and transfer (BLT);
8. Build, Lease, and operate (BLO).
9. Design-Build-Operate (DBO)
10. Public-private partnership (PPP, 3P, or P3)
11. Switch Trading
12. Clearing Agreements
13. Framework Agreements
15. Economic Enhancement
16. Progressive or Proactive Countertrade
17. Positive or Reverse Countertrade
18. Develop for Import Transactions
19. Collection-Through-Export Transactions
20. Debt For Goods
21. Evidence Accounts
22. Blocked Funds
24. Joint Ventures (JVs)
27. Buy Back
29. Import Entitlement Programs
30. Compensatory trade finance
31. Government-sponsored exchanges
32. Bilateral trade protocols
- Countertrade in the world economy
- What motivates the international countertrade?
- Functions of Countertrade in International Trade
- Examples of international countertrade
- The growing use of countertrade among developed countries.
- How to fast-track the inflow of foreign direct investments with countertrade
- International countertrade and conventional international trade: differential features
- International countertrade modalities
- Main features of international countertrade operations
- Countertrade: practices in OIC member countries
- U.S. companies that are engaged in countertrade and offsets.
- Technology transfer through countertrade.
- Countertrade integration in the foreign procurement process
- Countertrade management and administration
- Processing and evaluation of countertrade proposals
- Countertrade monitoring and crediting procedures
- Guidelines in the implementation of countertrade for procurement.
1. The origins of offset
2. What is offset? Definition, terminology, and cornerstones of the offset phenomenon
3. The value of offset, offset credits, multipliers, and banking of credits
4. Offset as a component of international trade
5. Countries practicing offset and countertrade
6. Offset practices in different countries
7. General public procurement (non-defense markets) via offset
8. Effects of offset
9. The essence of offset
10. Offset solutions
11. Offset policies
12. Defence Offsets
13. Civil offset
14. Offset management
15. Offset strategy
16. Offset successes
17. Offset risks
18. Offset financial services
19. Offset contract
20. Offset trends: Future view of offset benefits
21. The offset market today and tomorrow
22. Guidelines for the evaluation and approval of offset arrangements
23. A Compendium of defense offset achievements
24. The relationship between the arms trade and defense offsets: Offset as a component of the arms trade.
25. Incentives for fulfilling offset obligations and consequences of failing
26. Procurements role in offset handling
27. Organization and responsibilities during the offset process
28. The cost of offset and how it is calculated
29. Offset as a mechanism for technology transfer and rapid economic development.
HOW TO USE COUNTERTRADE AS A FINANCING MECHANISM TO:
- Finance any industrial contracts, projects, or desired imports/purchases with no money down.
- Fast-track the inflow of foreign direct investments, advanced technology, industrial cooperation, and technical expertise into your business and country.
- Acquire/set up/build a production facility (machinery, equipment, technology, an entire manufacturing plant, mine, turn-key factory, etc.) with no money down.
- Channel back or recoup all your cash expenses or foreign exchange spent for an importation.
- Acquire or purchase any properties, real estate, assets, products, and services with no money down.
- Multiply your company’s purchasing power and profit performance by 100X— without increasing your costs, resources, or risk!
- Secure any amount of interest-free financing (from $1,000,000 to $100 billion) within 24 hours!
- Facilitate international trade and payments between different companies.
- Facilitate financial transactions between different companies and countries.
- Increase your company’s capital by 100X within 30 days.
- Facilitate the rapid economic development of a city, state, or country.
- Pay off business or national debts without spending from your foreign exchange or cash reserves.